|Pirate Parties International|
The Conference will take Place in Prague on the 14th--15th of April 2012
The place we chose for this event is called Hub Prague and is situated at 'Drtinova 557/10, Smíchov, Praha, 15000, Česká republika' just a ten minute walk from Anděl metro station, pretty much in the city centre.
The Hub includes a big open-space hall (for 150 poople), 3 conference rooms for 20 people (press, organization team, etc.), a lounge, a terrace, and a bar. There is also another room for at least 50 people currently under reconstruction that we can rent on top of everything else if we need to. We will be provided with a bartender and another helper for anything we might need (technical support, printing etc). One of the Hub's principles is to make everybody feel as much at home as possible so decorating the place with Pirate props will not be a problem. We are capable of creating worldwide media impact (http://tinyurl.com/3clq9cz) and we will get decent press coverage from Czech media.
Hub is a large shared workspace combining advantages of a professional office, an internet café and a business incubator. Freelancers, independent professionals, startups, NGOs, and business people use it as a coworking space. They come to work while making new contacts, getting inputs, ideas, and developing new opportunities. Hub Praha is a part of an international network of 30 Hubs on all continents.
Hub is here to make the innovation happen. For that, it provides space for meetings and holds events. Moreover, Hub users get systematically connected among each other, with specialists or potential partners. Hub is not limited to specific professions -- we believe in power of diversity and welcome everyone who is open, fair, and adheres to ethic principles. Innovative, creative, and socially or environmentally beneficial activities or ideas are most welcome. We gladly help those to grow into thriving projects. We also run a club for companies helping this kind of initiatives.
You can find many photos and videos concerning the Hub and events that take place there along with some further info about the Hub at http://prague.the-hub.net/public/, especially in sections "space" and "video".
- The Hub is well accessible by public transportation -- a slow ten minute walk from the closest subway station.
- The closest train station is about 1 km away.
- The Prague international airport is about 25 minutes away by car, 40 minutes by public transportation.
- Place can be easily found by GPS/Navi.
- Parking is available either in front of the Hub on Drtinova street or in a shopping mall 5 minutes away by foot.
- There is enough space for 100--150 people (circa 200 m^2).
- There are enough chairs and tables for 100--150 people.
- Access for disabled persons is possible.
- Sound system consisting of microphones, speakers, mixer, and a sound-operator is taken care of by the Hub's staff and is completely at our disposal.
- A video projector and a screen is also taken care of by the Hub and is set up for crowded lectures and large media events -- legibility is not a problem.
- Facilities are neat and easy to find.
- The electric grid is used to big events, 50 laptops are regularly running in hub at the same time. Plugs for all the seats are not a problem.
- Internet access is sufficient for all guests and streaming can be easilly arranged. There is WiFi available for everybody.
- We will provide both audio and video streaming, we have already streamed some of our events. We will have two cameras, one static (board) and one focusable (audience).
- The Hub is able to provide catering, we can also prepare a list of nearby restaurants.
Contact data of the project leader:
Name: Tom Vymazal
Phone: +420 774 363 736
- Approximate number of hostels/hotels near venue: Prague enables to host almost unlimited amount of visitors. We can host at least 30 couchsurfers by the Prague Pirates.
- Approximate costs for accommodation for 2--3 days: 0 for couchsurfers, hostels start at 10 EUR a day.
- Approximate living costs in the city of the venue for the time of the conference: A dinner in a restaurant costs about 10 EUR a person (a glass of beer starts at 1 EUR)
- A Day Ticket for public transportation costs about 5 EUR.
- PP-CZ is a well established Pirate Party with a consistent support of about 1 % of voters, our party conferences have 100 attendees -- we have experience with three events of this size already.
- We hosted a rather successful central European Pirate conference - http://www.pirati.cz/wiki/en:zo:docs:minutes
- We will have regional elections later in the year 2012 and this could be the kick-start of our campaign.
- Holding the conference in Prague will allow most Pirate Parties to attend the conference, we aim to beat Friedrichshafen in the number of the Pirate Parties present.
- Prague is beautiful and Czech beer is the best in the world.
Подготовлено по материалам
Пиратская Партия Казахстана является частью международного движения по реформированию законодательства в области интеллектуальной собственности, зародившегося в 2006 году в Швеции, где была основана первая Пиратская Партия (Piratpartiet). На сегодняшний день региональные представительства Пиратской Партии организованы в 60 странах, кроме того, с 2009 года Пиратская Партия имеет своих представителей в Европарламенте.